Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 39, On our Way to Alpine

I do not have much to say about today.  I road most of the day with Kurt as we climbed up to alpine.  We topped out at the 4000 foot elevation mark for the day.  That does not sound like much except we started at 0 and had to go up to 4000 feet three times before the end of the day. 

As we were riding we went by a house that was surrounded by mannequins with hard hats on.  Very odd.

It is hard to believe that we are almost done with this ride. It has been such a great trip for so many reasons.  I have learned a lot about myself and about my friends and family.  I think when it is all over and I sit back and really reflect on what we have done it will mean so much more.  Tomorrow is a rest day and then on we finish the ride into San Diego.  The entire family will be there riding with us across the line and into the ocean.  It seems as though there will be a good group of our friends there as well.  How blessed we have been to have such support during this entire ride.


Lesson for the day:  If you are going to be climbing hills remember to have the right gearing.  I know that this sounds like an obvious bike note but think about it out of context.  Life is full of up hill challenges and you need to be ready to handle each of those climbs.  Attitude, faith, compassion are all gears in life that help you get over the hills that life represents.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are awesome! I wish we could be there for the conclusion of your journey. Commitment like that makes the world a better place. Thanks for the inspiration. The Kimels.

    ReplyDelete