Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Here we are just under a week from the start and one day away from the vehicles and bikes heading north. As i sit here tonight thinking about what lies ahead of me i have to honestly wonder if i am ready for it.  Do i want to do it, yes, will it be an amazing trip in which we can do some good, yes, will i get to share something special with my father and family, yes.  However I have to be honest with myself, i have not put the preparation into this trip like I did the first one.  Maybe it is hubris (love that word) or maybe it is laziness but in less then a week the rubber meets the road (pun intended).
What i do know is that I will have all the support anyone could need to complete this task.  I have the drive to make a difference in the PD community and God has given me the ability to ride long distances.  Not the most daily useful gift but we have to use what we are given.  I also know that through our trials we will help someone and that matters and is worth it all.

As i read my note above it did not sound very positive.  So let me be clear i am looking forward to this and am getting excited as time moves forward.  Here is to a safe and successful ride, to making a difference and to doing it by doing something i love.

Join us on this ride by reading the blogs i promise each one will be different in its perspective.  Also at the end of my blogs will be a note from Jerry "POPS" Stutzman.

Thanks for the support and i look forward to hearing form you along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Have Fun! Safe travels! Looking forward to following you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete