Monday, April 28, 2014

Day One

Well day one is completed.  75 miles down and well a long way to go.  Today could be summed up in three words.  Butiful, Proud and Tough.  First let me thank our great new friends in Vancouber so friendly and helpful we could not have asked for more from them.  Thank you so much and i hope that some day we can repay you for your hospitality.

Beutiful is the only way to describe it.  The weather was a little cool but the houses, the roads and the flora and fauna were fantastic.  If you are ever in Northern WA or Vancouver you will be amazed at the amount of greeen that is surrounding you.  Everything smelled so clean and fresh it made for a wonderful ride.  
Pride, this is definately the word of the day.  My fathter did a terrific job i could not have been more happy to see what he is still able to do.  I know that everyone we met was so surprised with what he was able to do.  Dad thank you for showing me that will power can concur most anyting.  However today star was definately my mother.  All i can say is wow, you are a rock star.  My mom rode the entire distance which was over twice as far as she had ever riddent and it was not easy.  She is the reason i finished riding today because let me tell you i was hurting.  But i could not let her down, she just kept telling me we can do this we can finsh.  Who can say no to their mom.  
I have to say i am exhausted, today was so much tougher than i thought it would be.  I hope that i can do better for my mom tomorrow and that all of us stay healthy.  

Sorry this was not the greatest bit of info but like i said i am done for the day.  I promise i will get better.

Thought of the day;
Will power and the desire to be there for your family is one of the strongest motivators one can have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment