Saturday, May 10, 2014

The beginning of the home stretch......

Well we have started the second half of the trip and have crossed into CA.  Hard to believe it has been two weeks already my time has flown.  We have seen a lot of things and i have witnessed people accomplish things that they never thought they could or would do.  Both my mom and dad have brought up that their parents would be so shocked at what they are doing, my mom and i even thought about what it would have been like if i had my grandmas on the back of the tandem.  What a picture that was we had a good laugh over that

Today we had the chance to ride through the start of the redwoods.  Those trees always amaze me, how something can survive so much and keep going.  Reminds me of a few people i know on this trip and so many others out there fighting through not only PD but other things in life.  I think we can all learn something from these guys.  My brother posted a picture of my dad with a red wood tree and called him a Oak amongst the redwoods.  How true it was again today, his still powerful legs PUSHing him up the mountain.  I know i can speak for my brothers an sister when i say we are honored and proud of him and of my mother.

Backing up a little bit to this morning, we had a bit of a late start as we went out for breakfast to say good buy to Jerry and Dewayne.  When my dad went to pay the bill he was told it was taken care of already.  The owner of the restaurant covered our tab.  How wonderful is that for a perfect stranger to hear about what we are doing and do that.  Thank your Ocean Side Diner for your gracious gift.

Here i usually do a thought of the day but i wanted to try something new.  My brother and i have been allowing ourselves one grip each day.  Kind of a fun way to get something off our chest.  So i thought i would share mine for the day with you.  To grasp this you have to realize that the weather has been constantly shifting on us...as i was riding down hill in the sun "why is it that when i take my sleeves (or jacket) off it gets cold and when i put them on it gets hot"  I know that seems to make sensebut literally   the temperature out would change almost immediately or we would hit a nasty climb or really long decent.  If that is all i end up having to complain about during a day then we are doing well.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and again we are away from out wonderful mom doing one of these rides so i wanted to take a minute an wish her a Happy Mother's Day and say thank you for being the warm, kind hearted person you are.  You are an amazing women and i am proud to call you mom, love you.

Check out our Facebook page we are going to be doing a Hearts of Honor day on Monday.  More info to follow.










No comments:

Post a Comment