Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Just some fun Pictures from day 9


Our day via pictures.  Today I watched my father a man I have always known to be strong and capable, yet again showed me how tough he really is.  He could pick the route of the tandem and not have to focus and enjoy the view more but instead he chooses to ride solo putting himself to the test not just physically but mentally.  The focus that it takes for him to stay upright and keep the bike straight shows in his face and posture.  And today when he had to stop before the end of the day he looked at me and said I am sorry.  My heart stopped as it hit me how much he wants to ride not only for himself but for us, to truly share in the full experiance of the ride and the cause.  Not that we ever doubted his desire but now I understand more about what is driving him.  I am proud of my father, I am proud of what he has tought me throughout my life and I am honored to share this journey with him.  Honored to learn one more lesson.
Dad I Love you and I know a lot of other people that do as well.  Thank you for everything and for letting me be part of this crazy ride.














No comments:

Post a Comment